Sunday was absolutely fantastic…a true day of rest. After brunching with the fantastic J, illustrator of Yoga U, me and A, my roommate, went to the Lake Oswego area to meet our friend (and amazing yogini) Zoë. During our initial AmeriCorps picnic, Zoë made these seriously amazing springrolls (she’s vegan and gluten-free so they were too). Yesterday, she taught us how to make them to and, via this blog post, she will teach all of you! Enjoy!
For the springrolls:
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut up into small cubes
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Carrots, cut into thin strips
- Zucchini, cut into thin strips
- Medium-sized Chinese rice paper
- 1 mango, thinly sliced length-wise
- 1 avocado, thinly-sliced length-wise
- 1 red onion, thinly-sliced length-wise
- Sautee tofu with Bragg’s Liquid Aminos cut up into cubes. Let it sautée on low for a while.
- Prepare all ingredients as specified above on a cutting board.
- Take out a plate (or multiple if you’re like us and made these communally) while boiling water. Put boiled water in a wide pan/pot. Dip each piece of rice paper in the hot water fully and then immediately take out to lay on the plate.
- In each roll, lay out the following on the far side of the rice paper: 4 pieces tofu, 2 pieces carrot, 1 slice mango, 2 slices avocado and a small handful thinly-sliced onion. Lay out 4 spinach leaves on top.
- Fold rice paper over like a burrito and tuck in the sides on the way.
To make the dip:
Combine about 1 cup nut butter w/ juice from 1 lime, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos and agave nectar to taste!
Take to a party, to the lake, to a bonfire, to the deck, to a shower…ENJOY! And thanks, Zoë!
P.S. Photo and video cred all goes to the fabulous roommate Amy!