From last week’s column: About a year ago, I attempted to do a monthly “Link Love” column on the blog. It worked for a while until it got a bit too daunting. Instead, I am moving to a weekly format at Growing Up On OM to share all that I am readING, writING, listenING to, watchING, and teachING. It is my hope that this will help me document these things not only for my own reference, but as a source for constant entertainment and inspiration for all the readers of the blog. So here goes: my second FridayING post. Enjoy!
- I was all over The Chalkboard this week! I read about Kate Hudson’s secrets to staying centered where my favorite is also the hardest: to say NO when feeling / experiencing overwhelm. As a teacher, it was wonderful to read about the Kind Campaign and all the work that is being done to end girl-on-girl bullying, which is a real epidemic in our schools.
- I bought Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes on Amazon and I’m already LOLing on the subway.
- I also prepared for travel by reading a bit of Paris Letters by Janice MacLeod.
- I love Miranda’s piece on balance and #livinglightly (my new mantra) from her fabulous blog Miranda’s Notebook.
- This American Life #464: Invisible Made Visible (so good!)
- Writing in Real Life #054: The One Where Leia Watches Law & Order (I really loved what they had to say about prologues)
- Downton Abbey Series Finale (Seriously, this one takes the cake; it was every happy ending I would want and more!)
- Yoga Pretzels Card Deck
- Tuck Everlasting (curriculum-planning)