Believe it or not, this post is yet another part of my EuroTrip 2016 series on the blog. I have quite a few weeks to catch up on with this FridayING and, when I was in Europe, I found myself gravitating to all that was European when it comes to reading, writing, and watching. So here goes…a lot’s there because…I HEART vacation!
- First things first: I joined Goodreads!
- When I returned from Europe, I baked these scones (via BBC).
- This is why Finland has the best schools!
- I started reading The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Sparks.
- I am currently diving into Choosing the Simply Luxurious Life: A Modern Woman’s Guide by Shannon Ables.
- The Living Yoga #practicewithpurpose Yogathon starts today. I’m still debating whether or not I’m going to join this year / what my goal will be, but definitely read up on it and join if you’re moved to!
- Lenny Letter seriously rocked it (as usual) this week, with Jessica Knoll’s piece “What I Know.” I highly recommend it.
- Tranquility Du Jour Podcast #366: Polish Your Poise
- Audiobook: The Book Whisperer by Donalyn Miller
- Jazz at Lincoln Center: Brubecks Play Brubeck
- nprED: 50 Great Teachers
- At the moment, I am planning a memoir unit that I am so excited about! As a result, I am using a Rethinking Schools article for inspiration.
- I also just wrote a paper about developing student confidence when learning to read, which I would like to think of as a reflection on my own teaching. For inspiration, I used a video from Earl Boyles.
Written from Filtered Coffee in Hamilton Heights.