Today, during lunch, a coworker asked me a question I’ve been asked many times…this week: How can I start a home yoga practice?
Now, this simple question comes with many other explanations and inquiries attached to it:
- I don’t live near any yoga studios.
- The timing of the classes at the studios I am near don’t work for my schedule.
- A full hour feels like too much time.
- I want to start integrating what I learn in my yoga classes into a home practice.
- I just don’t know where to start.
- I just don’t know how to continue.
- How do I stop myself from quitting?
All of the above can be boiled down to: How can I make sure that I get on the mat as much as and to the degree that I need to?
I am thrilled to, in a workshop format, be able to answer this question.
Here’s the workshop description:
This 2-hour-long workshop will equip you with the skills, inspiration, and knowledge to lead your own yoga classes for your own beautiful selves and bodies. DIY Yoga will empower you to create your own home practice for those days when classes don’t fit into your schedule or for when you want to freestyle it on your mat, but safely and effectively. Together, we will move, breathe, and discuss the best and most effective ways for starting your own practice and moving like yourself.
In the comments, please tell me: What questions do you have when it comes to crafting a home yoga practice?