I am not the greatest at promoting this blog and I’m writing this post as both a first step and as a way to ask you, dear readers, for some help. I love writing Growing Up on OM. It gives me such joy to put my passions into words and share them with the world. It is where I let my yoga nerd self run wild and it is my outlet for the yoga teacher aspect of my career and where I work out how that aspect fits into the larger picture of my life. I also love social media in a variety of forms, and the ways in which each medium has a unique offering. When it comes to the content of this blog, it does not only appear on WordPress. And, if you’re one of the busy 20-somethings that this blog is geared towards, you likely forget to check it often. Social media serves as both a reminder and bonus content for what this blog offers. Read on to see where to follow Growing Up on OM, and what you’ll get out of each site / app.
Growing Up on OM has a fan page on Facebook. LIKE it! Invite friends to like it! On this page, you’ll find:
- links to interesting articles from other blogs, as well as links to videos from other teachers (both yoga and in life)
- notifications for when there’s a new blog post on Growing Up on OM
- my yoga teaching schedule
I love the Growing Up on OM Instagram. I love photography. I am looking forward to building the Instagram so that it can become a standalone medium. On it, you’ll find:
- yoga how-to’s
- travel photos
- my NYC yoga schedule
- photographs of yoga studios
- documentation of my blogging process
- notifications of new blog posts and the photos in them
FOLLOW it. Twitter is fairly self-explanatory, but on @growinguponom you’ll find:
- quotes from yoga classes I either teach or take
- links to articles, videos, memes, etc.
- retweets of my favorite poets and teachers
- links to blog posts and tags of the people / brands / places I feature in them
On Pinterest, I basically pin whatever inspires me. I pin:
- photographs that represent the different blog posts I write
- blog posts from the Growing Up on OM archive
- tips on blogging
- tips on yoga
Please pin to your Pinterest if they inspire you.
- posting versions / previews of my Growing Up on OM blog posts,
- reblogging other awesome posts & videos
- making Growing Up on OM (the WordPress version) more visual
I hope to see you all over these lovely interwebs!