photo taken by the lovely A last year in Portland, OR with a book that inspired much
Tell me, O quickly! dream of aliveness, the flaming source of your bright breath. ~ Langston Hughes
Happy July, everyone! I hope this new month is off to a lovely start for all of you, wherever in the world you are when you read this. I am writing you from the gorgeous Aspen, Colorado, where I am soaking up the annual and oh-so-inspiring Aspen Ideas Festival. Today is the third day of the festival, and more and more, I am reminded of the transformative power of ideas, and all they are capable of when put into action.
I think I am beginning to realize that ideas, when they aren’t put into practice and shared with the world, are dreams. Dreams are wonderful because ideas can be challenging to carry out, especially when we have many of them. Yet, there is something potent in what separates the ideas that make it up to the stage at this festival, such as Bryan Stevenson’s idea that children have a right to be children, regardless of crimes committed, or the ideas that Emily Bazelon espouses in the Slate Political Gabfest. These are dreams that people have transported into reality.
Speaking of, I would love to use this blog post to put some of my ideas into action. I am thrilled to share that I have spent many, many hours working on an online course for creating a yoga practice (a massive extension of the workshop you received emails about just a week ago, and one you can do anywhere).
But, before we launch into the e-course fabulousness (this email is chock-full of details!), expect some local yoga happenings this month in NYC! I’m teaching a Community Yoga class at Harlem Yoga Studio (i.e. donation-based! no excuses!) this Sunday, July 3rd, from 3:30-4:30pm. Because I’m having a summer full of travel, I will be mainly subbing so stay tuned on my website, as well as on social media, for additional sub dates as they come up!
If you take the course LIVE with me starting on July 15th (and you can sign up anytime until then), you will receive a full 20% OFF with the code LIVELEARNER.
|Yoga U Summer School is my online course that’s been in the making for years! Through taking this course, you will learn a plethora of strategies for starting + sustaining hOMe yoga practices that will blow your minds + keep you coming back to your mats!
Over four weeks, you’ll enjoy:
- a detailed syllabus that will lay out exactly how to create your hOMe practice in a manageable, step-by-step fashion
- 9 detailed + fully developed lessons in total, which you can do at your own pace (unless you love structure like me and want to do it syllabus-style)
- plenty of video content to bring the practice to life
- a ton of encouragement, resources, essays, hOMework, visual cues + diagrams to make your yoga practice the best that it can be
- unlimited email contact with me + a private Facebook group so that you can get answers to all your questions!
- WEEK ONE: SUSTAINABILITY
- About Me + Your Syllabus, Top 5 Tips, Journaling Prompts
- WEEK TWO: AMBIANCE
- Checklists for both what you need + what you might want, a tour of my own yoga room, creating a mood, + how to make a yoga playlist that fits your practice perfectly
- WEEK THREE: ASANA
- Finding Your Sun Salutation, videos + PDFs of practice structures, hip opening + hip closing, peak poses
- WEEK FOUR: MOVING ON
- Using props effectively, meditation, service, intentions
Remember, if you sign up before July 15th, the price of this course will decrease dramatically…and the content will never go away! You’ll have full access to the wide variety of lessons + home practices to do at your own pace, whenever you want!
I hope to see you on the mat or online soon!